Make smoothies part of your healthy balanced lifestyle. Stop popping a multivitamin and start blending a daily smoothie — they taste much better! With a smoothie, you can get your daily serving of fruit and vegetables for a diet rich in vitamins, minerals and fiber.
Making a healthy smoothie is easy — we’ll show you how. You can use just a couple pieces of fruit or get creative and really spice it up. Start with How to Make a Healthy Smoothie in 10 easy steps. Then browse the free, easy and Healthy Smoothie Recipes, Juice Recipes and Vegan Smoothie Recipes.
Smoothies are great for:
- loosing weight: fruits and veggies are low in calories and fat and high in fiber.
- healthy breakfast drink: start your day with a delicious glass of vitamins and minerals.
- post work out energy booster: fruit and vegetables are full of complex carbs, vitamins and minerals that are important for increasing your energy. Bananas, oranges, grapefruit and spinach are all good energy boosters.
- meal replacement: the high fiber content in smoothies is filling and will keep you going for hours.
- refreshing snack
- lower cholesterol: fruit and veggies are high in fiber which may lower cholesterol
- protein booster to build muscle
- liver and kidney cleanse: green smoothies, rich in antioxidants, can help flush out your liver and kidney.
- improve metabolism
- improve disgestion: smoothies are full of enzymes which help the stomach to digest food
- protecting from disease: fruits and veggies are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which help protect us from disease.
- enjoying! They taste great.
Achieve lifetime health results by making fruit and veggie smoothies part of your nutritious diet.
Here are some healthy smoothie recipes to get you started: